March 20, 2014

a colorful birthday party for Ian

ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday ian's 2nd bday

We never had proper celebration when Ian turned one since we were in Paris at the time, so of course we had to throw him a real party for his second birthday. Since Ian loves to eat, and is really a happy little guy, I loosely based the party off of a little piggy I drew and a fun and bright color palette. We held it at a park and couldn't have asked for better weather. I made a garland of half-blown-up balloons and made tiny floral centerpieces for the picnic tables. For the kid favors I sewed small felt totes and glued felt letters for the first initial of each kid. The adult favors were chocolate bars repackaged in patterned paper I designed and printed. We were having so much fun that I forgot to have Ian wear the birthday hat I made him until the party was practically over!


Photos by me and Traci Yau of 45wall Design

3 comments:

casey said...

love it all! such stylish little boys you have. a great little party!

Rita said...

Love, love, love!

Liberty said...

Happy birthday too him.