December 6, 2007

Kinokuniya finds

Recently I stopped by the Kinokuniya book store near me to browse around. I didn't see anything that I *had* to have in the crafts section, so I was wandering over to the stationery when I saw this and stopped dead in my tracks.
















I love Japanese patterns. How can anyone resist a cover like that? Of course I had to buy it.






























It's too bad I can't read Japanese, but I've been flipping through this book quite a bit, trying to figure out what makes these patterns so appealing. I love how they're so simple, often just one or two repeating elements and colors. It's been good inspiration for me while working on my craft faire goods.

Something else I picked up at Kinokuniya -- I'm thinking maybe they would look cute if they were framed in 3 small, square, dark wood frames...

3 comments:

insaknitty said...

omg. so cute! so, what's the book actually about? haha. :) I'm going to see you at your craft faire soon! whee!

Lara said...

Oh my god, there's a Kinokuniya book store near you? I remember seeing them in Japan and was blown away. Are they packed full of Japanese goodness?

I just realised that you live in Santa Clara - that's where my brother lives :) A gazillion miles away from me!

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

Hello :)
I have just stumbled across your blog from Lara's...and am very glad that I did! It's lovely!!
Would you mind if I added you to my blog links? I will definitely be returning!
The paper that you found at Kinokuniya is gorgeous!!
Cheers, Amy x.