February 15, 2009

orla love

I dutifully made the trek out to a couple of local Target stores this morning in hopes getting my hands on the new Orla Kiely line. It looked like much of the tableware had showed up on the shelves before today, as much of the items were picked through already. I still managed to nab a few goodies though.






I first discovered Orla when I was in Tokyo a couple of years ago. I happened to walk into an Orla Kiely store in a shopping center there and could not believe my eyes. Patterns that were simple and bold yet classy. Deliciously colorful but not in a way that was too loud or distracting. Everything was of course way out of my price range, but I was thrilled to be able to take a small souvenir with me: a catalog that is a piece of art in and of itself. I pulled it out the other day for some inspiration and thought I'd share some pages with you.















Oh, and I'm on Twitter now!

8 comments:

Tina said...

I have a trip to Target coming up. I can't wait to see what they have.

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

I absolutely love orla kiely! It's nice that she's got a line at Target now - more people will be able to enjoy great design=)

mizu designs said...

I had no idea she had a target line. Must check it out if it's available in Australia.

Anonymous said...

I love her designs too, thanks for sharing the great catalogue pages ...

Hanna and Daniel said...

Lucky you! I’m green with envy ;) We don’t have Target in Sweden. And I love Orla Kiely!
/Hanna

Dee said...

i stumbled across some orla crates in the laundry/organizal section of target. couldn't find any of the ceramics, but i like the ones you found! i was excited that now we can buy her things with designs at a more affordable price! ps-nice catalog u kept!

lily said...

i love orla, too! my stylish brother got me a handbag by orla a few years ago and you wouldn't believe how many comments i get on it. you should splurg for one! you'd love it, wendy!

anna said...

oh beautiful orla keily, everything is just perfect and desirable! i'm specially hooked on the travel/luggagge line...