February 10, 2008

Design House Stockholm

It makes me happy every time I look at these sitting in our cupboard. They are Design House Stockholm cups from our honeymoon in Scandinavia.
















I think the patterns are absolutely gorgeous - simple but striking.
















So imagine my surprise when I saw this while flipping through the Crate and Barrel catalog - exact same thing, also made out of bone china, except with handles! It turns out Design House Stockholm does make a version with handles. I'm pretty impressed with Crate and Barrel (though I guess with their Marimekko stuff it's not unusual for them to bring good Scandinavian design into their stores), but wonder why they didn't credit them the way they do Marimekko. Also, it's a bit less than what we paid in Stockholm (maybe because of the exchange rate) - go get yourself some!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

These designs are lovely... I know what you mean - as time goes by I am enjoying really simplified designs the best... Thanks for sharing :-)

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

I've seen those cups in some stores here in SF - they're simple and beautiful! I came across your blog a few days ago and really enjoy looking at all your work and inspirations =)